It’s here: the world’s lightest 6″ e-Reader3 with a lovably glare-free, paper-like display designed for hours of comfortable reading, even in direct sunlight. Use your fingertips to select a title, turn the page or zoom in and out. Wirelessly shop books, magazines and newspapers at Reader™ Store and get instantaneous access to websites like Wikipedia® and Google™ search.
Sony eReader Wi-Fi Overview:
The Titles You Want on Tap
Line the shelves of your virtual library with the hottest new releases, page-turning bestsellers and classics close to your heart. Choose the books, newspapers and magazines you want to download at Reader™ Store.
Feel Free to Borrow
Want an eBook to read for free? Pay a virtual visit to your local library any time of the day or night without setting foot outside your home. Tap the Public Library icon to wirelessly peruse, borrow and download eBooks from local public libraries directly to the device.
At less than 6 ounces and lighter than most paperbacks, the small, fiercely stylish Reader Wi-Fi is the lightest 6″ e-Reader there is. Simply pop it in a purse, pocket or bag and keep your reading material constantly close at hand.
A simple touch to the Clear Enhanced display calls up your favorite books, while a swipe of the finger turns their pages and a pinch of two fingers can zoom in and out. Your eyes will thank you for the natural reading experience the E-Ink® Pearl V220 antiglare screen provides, especially in direct sunlight.
Serious Book Smarts
Tap and hold your finger on any words you don’t recognize for instant access to two on-board English dictionaries, as well as 10 additional foreign language dictionaries. Use the note-taking feature to highlight important text or jot down notes with your finger or the included stylus.
A Long, Healthy Life
Make it through your next long ride, flight or vacation without the need to plug in your Reader Wi-Fi since a single charge lasts over a month5 or up to 14,000 continuous page turns, whichever comes first.
Sony eReader Wi-Fi Features:
Wi-Fi® access to over 2 million titles
Wirelessly shop with easy access to 2 million titles at Reader™ Store. Borrow free books from your local public library or download Google public domain books. Plus, get immediate access to websites like Wikipedia and Google search.
E-Ink® Pearl V220 glare-free screen
With a crystal clear paper like screen, you can read for hours, even in direct sunlight. The screen has no backlight or flicker like a standard LCD screen and features 8 adjustable font sizes plus adjustable contrast and brightness.
Stores up to 1200 titles4
Enjoy a whole library in your hands. Store up to 1200 titles on 2GB of included memory or add optional MicroSD media to expand your storage to 32GB. Customizable file management also lets you manage your ebooks and music from within your Reader.
Plug in your headphones to listen to audio books or to music as you read.
Clear Enhanced Touch screen
Simply touch the superior 6” clear enhanced touch screen to call up your favorite books, swipe your finger to turn pages and zoom in and out by pinching your fingers together or apart.
Reader allows you to write on the page or highlight text as you would in a real book using your finger or a supplied stylus.
Bookmark pages and return to them instantly.
Ultra compact and elegant styling
Weighing less than 6 ounces, the lightest 6” eReader around3 is no bigger than a paperback. This slim, 0.35 inch device has an elegant curved profile for easy holding and carrying in a pocket or bag.
12 Built-in Dictionaries
On board are 12 dictionaries including 2 English language (British/American) and 10 translation (to and from French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Italian). Tap and hold a word to find its meaning or translate into one of the 5 supported languages.
Long battery life
Read for over a month on one battery charge; that will get you through your long vacation5 or up to 14,000 continuous page turns.
sony eReader Technical Specifications:
- Memory Size : Internal: Approx. 1.3 GB after initial setting. External: Micro SD card up to 32GB.
- General : OS: – Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bit) – Windows 7 Starter – Windows 7 Home Basic – Windows 7 Home Premium – Windows 7 Professional – Windows 7 Ultimate – Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bit) – Windows Vista Home Basic with Service Pack 2 or later – Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 or later – Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 2 or later – Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 2 or later – Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit only) – Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3 or later – Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 or later – Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 & 2005 with Service Pack 3 or later – Mac OS X version 10.7 (64 bit only) – Mac OS X version 10.7 or later CPU:- 1 GHz Intel processor RAM:- 512 MB Free space on hard disc:- 250 MB or more Depending on the content amount, more space may be required. Monitor:- 1024 × 768 display with 24-bit color Network:- Broadband internet connection Specifications: Reader software is not supported by the following environments: -An operating system other than those included above -Personally built computer or operating system -Multi-boot environment -Multi-monitor environment
- Display Technology : E Ink Pearl™ with Clear Touch Infrared Technology
- Gray Scale : 16 level gray scale
- Resolution : 600 x 800 pixels
- Screen Size : 6 inches
- Operating Temperature : 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 6 7/8 x 4 3/8 x 3/8 inches (H/W/D)
- Weight (Approx.) : 5.9 oz
Media Formats Supported
- DRM Text : ePub (OPS v2.0, .epub file extension, Adobe DRM protected), PDF (PDF v1.6 or before, .pdf file extension, Adobe DRM protected)
- Image : JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Unsecured Audio : Unsecured Audio: MP3 (Non encrypted), AAC (Non encrypted)
- Unsecured Text : ePub, PDF, TXT
- AC Power : Built-in rechargeable battery: 3.7 V DC
- Battery Life (Approx) : A single charge lasts over a month with wireless off based upon a half-hour of daily reading time.; Read on a single battery charge for 3-4 weeks with wireless on.; Up to 14,000 continuous page turns when reading only.
- Recharging Time : Fully charges in approximately 2 hours via the approved U.S. power adapter. Approx. 2.5 hours supports charging from your computer via the included USB 2.0 cable.
- Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11b / g / n
In the Box
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information
- USB Cable
- Stylus Pen
- Safety Audio Tips